Wednesday, August 3

I’m being more mindful of what I’m eating, instead of mindlessly eating

Labels and ingredients-

Obviously the easiest thing is to look for “certified gluten free” on the label when grocery shopping. This is what I would be doing if I was diagnosed with celiac disease, because I'd be worried about cross contamination. However, since my motivation for going gluten free is to see if it alleviates any of my bipolar symptoms, I’m taking a less stringent approach, for now. I’m back into the habit of reading the ingredients on everything I buy.

The unplanned added benefit to this approach is I am more aware of what I’m eating, of what’s IN what I’m eating.  It really is good to know, even if you’d rather not know - from hidden sugar in my veggie crumbles to GMO ingredients in my pasta sauce.

For some great info on deciphering labels check out:
 “Label Reading 101
"Wheat Allergies

No comments:

Post a Comment